Distance



There is a distance that stretch between us
A gap that is difficult to bridge
Miles that seem so infinite
And a space that extend to eternity.

Driving through the silence, 
I grasp at the steering wheel
Enveloped by a cloud of loneliness
While holding tight to a hope that flickers so far away.

Even though we are far apart
We are together in our hearts
Somewhere out there, there is your heartbeat
Your presence, an existence of contours.

I had started getting used to feeling meaningless
But love for you filled up my life 
And your last smile is like a message from you
Giving me the strength to go on.

Ever since the first moment I loved you I knew somehow
I would learn of the sadness that I feel right now
But no matter the sadness, I will surely overcome it
Because when farewell is uttered, a love is also promised.

In my heart I know that we will meet again someday
So let us promise that we'll always remember
And hold to the memory of that day
Because knowing that, I can look forward 
To a beautiful future with you.


-Gem

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What every challenge is trying to teach me

A Bird that Cannot Be Caged

Sensual Zodiac: The Cancer Woman