Decluttering and Tidying Up

I have now been married for two months. And I can honestly say that marriage changed me a lot. One of the things that I noticed was how I became even more organized in arranging my personal things. When I was still a single, I had so many stuff in my room that I cling to tenaciously - old clothes, anime-related memorabilia like posters, trading cards, stickers that I collected when I was in high school, old books, old comic books, VHS tapes and cassette recording of my favorite anime shows, high school notebooks, college test papers and reviewers, and even a bag full of plastics that I collected whenever I buy clothes or things from the department store and bookstore. Yup, I kept all of those too! I had this tenacious attachment to past things ever since I could remember and this continued until I got married last December. After I got married, I realized that I was entering a new chapter in my life. It's like a new beginning for me, a fresh start, and I learned that there were some things that you have to let go. I learned that some of those things that I threw or give away, no matter how they reminded me of my childhood or past experiences, do not exude a special feeling for me. And that was my criteria of deciding whether I'll throw them in the trash, give them away or just keep them.

As a wife, I took my role very seriously and I go the extra mile to keep our bedroom a peaceful, quiet, clean and comfortable place. We both new bedsheets and pillows, a new drawer, and added other storage materials to keep things in organized. My husband and I wanted place where we can relax and fall asleep easily after a long day at work, a place where we exchange our opinions and feelings about certain topics, a place where we just spend an hour or two quietly reading our favorite books. It is our sanctuary. And in order for it to continue to be that way despite our busy schedules, we make it a point that cleaning, decluttering and tidying it up is both our responsibility.

Life events such as marriage open new possibilities and make way for changes. And I can say that, it made a positive change for me.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What every challenge is trying to teach me

A Bird that Cannot Be Caged

Sensual Zodiac: The Cancer Woman