Goodbye Summer, Hello Rainy Days

The rainy day season has certainly entered the Philippines, bringing with it a typhoon that is currently giving the country large amount of rain-shower. The capital was in signal number 1, but despite the two-day continuous rain, I find myself very much delighted to this type of weather.

I always hated summer, and find the smoldering heat plus the humidity totally unbearable. During summer days, I am limited to staying at home, almost always doing nothing. Any kind of work, even doing simple household chores can make me sweat so much, and eventually render me completely exhausted. Summer is an unproductive season for me; it also often makes me irritated, lazy, and weak.

But when the rainy season arrives, it is like a manna to me. Suddenly, I find myself beaming with energy to do many things. Doing household chores gives me enjoyment, and even though it's raining very hard outside, I can go out and stroll in the mall for hours, looking for a nice sweater and a couple books to read. And since I love drinking hot coffee, I can now drink two cups a day, while during the summer, I am only limited to one, because of doing so can increase my body temp (increase body temp = sweat = exhaustion). I really hate the feel of sweat throughout my body, but thankfully, the cool rainy weather will not bring me sweat for a few couple of days now. Simply put, I delighted in the cold and the rain. Although it's sometimes inevitable to catch cold during this weather, it's OK for me. Because I prefer a common cold to heat exhaustion. Over the next couple of days, I will be able to enjoy this delightful rainy weather, although most people would certainly hate it. ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What every challenge is trying to teach me

A Bird that Cannot Be Caged

Sensual Zodiac: The Cancer Woman