The Power of Reading

I am a self-professed bookworm. I love reading more than any other hobbies, and I grew up with fascination with books. In reading, I find a sense of comfort and relaxation, and in a world where everyone is busy living their lives, it has become difficult to find time to sit calmly and ponder things. I can become extremely busy sometimes and become very tired because of work, but when I get a free time, I prefer to spend it with reading. Reading has given a wider sense of what the world is like, of the feelings and emotions of people, of how people lived and live their lives in the past and the present, and how society works its way everyday. I can take a peek into the lives of many people, and understand the way of the world. One cannot underestimate the power of it: reading about history makes readers wiser, poems make readers witty, philosophy can make readers deep, logic and rhetoric make readers able to contend. Reading has been my consolation and I learn a lot because of it, and it's something that I certainly want to pass to my children and their children.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What every challenge is trying to teach me

A Bird that Cannot Be Caged

Sensual Zodiac: The Cancer Woman