September 2012 Licensure Exam for Teachers


I took the Licensure Exam for Teachers (LET) yesterday at La Consolacion College in Manila. Despite waking up early at 4:30 am, I didn't have any trouble getting out of bed. (And I love the hotel's bed. :))  I slept at 11:30 pm that previous night. Good thing that my mind and my body seemed to very well-conditioned for the exam. I ate a hearty breakfast of mushroom omelette and rice, and drank a cup of chocolate drink. I felt really full. Left the hotel at exactly 5:30. It was a rainy morning. My shoes got wet inside while I was trying to get to the school where I would be taking the exam. I arrived there at 6am. Waited at the queue and finally got inside. Went straight to my assigned room - room 217 - and asked for my seat number - 20. Interestingly, I didn't feel anxious or nervous about the whole thing. Perhaps because I've been through the process when I took up the Nursing Licensure Exam way back in 2007. And I've already took so many exams in the past (IELTS, NCLEX, Civil Service) that I've already had my fair share of nervousness and anxiety. Haha! Anyway, before we started the exam, we had to accomplish some papers and listened to the proctor's instructions. I was bringing some snacks with me and a bottle of Gatorade. But even though I feel a little thirsty, I stopped the urge to drink because of fear of having to go to the CR during the exam (and it isn't allowed). Started the first exam at 8:00am. The first subject we had to take was General Education which contained 150 questions. It was difficult! And I hate the Math and Filipino portions. I am not well-versed in these subjects, you know. I finished at around 10:00 and immediately took the next exam set: Professional Education also 150 items. This was the part that I have been dreading to take. I am not an Education graduate so I don't expect to learn everything I need to learn in Prof. Ed. But to my surprise, I found Prof. Ed. to be relatively easy. I finished the 2nd exam at 12:00pm, met my classmates and took lunch together. Went back to the room at 2:00pm for the third and last set of exam: the Specialization. As a graduate of BS. Nursing, my major is Biological Sciences. The specialization was a little difficult only, although many of the questions were familiar to me. I've already studied and read the topics but I've forgotten about them. My goodness! Anyway, I'm fairly confident that somehow I did well with the whole LET, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. I don't want to be presumptuous so I'll still keep on praying that God would let me pass the exam. I did my part in preparing and studying and it's up to Him if He will give this to me. Thy will be done Lord! 

Comments

Unknown said…
WE SHARE THE SAME THOUGHTS. LET'S JUST THINK POSITIVE. AND BELIEVE IN HIS PLANS.
Gem said…
Thank you BlackSmile! You're right, God certainly has plans for us...and it would be for our own good. :)

Popular posts from this blog

What every challenge is trying to teach me

A Bird that Cannot Be Caged

Sensual Zodiac: The Cancer Woman