To Believe

This is the very first poem I've ever written, way back in 2005. It speaks so much about my state of mind at that time: sorrow and hope. It seems that I was writing about myself, and at the same, I was also writing about someone..Someone that I wanted to protect, despite my own loneliness.

When the pain of the world seems too heavy to be carried
Always remember to look up the sky
Because beyond this very magnificent azure
You will find the courage to go on

Your faith will never lose you
It will always guide you to the right path
And never forget to look back
At the times that were filled with happiness and joy

And when sadness descended to your heart
And tears spilled with the stream of stars
Remember that the rain will wash the pain away
And the sun will appear once more to light your way

Your brown eyes are windows to your soul
They glisten so wonderfully with innate depth
And in them I see with wonder
A great soul forever longing to belong

I wish with all my heart to feel you for a moment
And cherish with all my life the tender sound of your voice
But don’t you think it is beautiful
If we can walk hand in hand in the silence of one summer night?

I want to protect you from the sorrows of the world
Because everyone has scars concealed in their hearts
But if you became weary and wish to break away
Hold on to your dreams! for they will set you free

I yearn to break free from this tie that binds my heart
And I thirst for the light that will show me everything
But never will I lose hope
Because there is more to cherish and to believe

Even without words, even without wings to fly on
Though in this glowing cosmos our hands cannot quite reach
And when my dream of touching your face melts in the morning
I will still depend on the love that once taught me to believe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What every challenge is trying to teach me

A Bird that Cannot Be Caged

Sensual Zodiac: The Cancer Woman