About Wedding Dresses

I have noticed that more and more brides nowadays are choosing to wear wedding dresses with sleeves. Previously, the trend in the Philippines was for the bride to wear a strapless wedding dress; wedding dresses with sleeves were deemed as old-fashioned and uncomfortable (because of the humid climate). But since the wedding of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (nee Kate Middleton) to Prince William in April 2011 where she wore a lace wedding dress with sleeves, a trend was set. Laced and sleeved wedding dresses are now in.

As for me, long before the marriage of the Duchess of Cambridge, I've always wanted to wear a lace wedding dress with sleeves. I've seen countless photos and portraits of empresses, queens, princesses, duchesses, and noble ladies all throughout history wearing beautiful gowns, and this inspired me in my choice. There is something so elegant and timeless about these dresses. Now that I'm getting married next year, I now know exactly what I wanted in a wedding dress. Partially, I thanked the Duchess of Cambridge's influence, and I'm quite happy that lace and sleeves are making a come-back for brides.


A strapless wedding dress. Brides before opt to wear a strapless one.



More and more brides nowadays in the Philippines opt to wear 
a sleeved and lace wedding dress.


The Duchess of Cambridge in her beautiful and timeless gown.


How about you, what kind of wedding dress do you prefer? I'd like to hear your thoughts. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What every challenge is trying to teach me

A Bird that Cannot Be Caged

Sensual Zodiac: The Cancer Woman