A Bird that Cannot Be Caged

Christmas is almost here!

This time of the year is actually the most wonderful time of the year for me. It's not really the money, the presents, or the people that makes me happy. It's the cool weather, the colorful lights, Christmas songs, and the hassle and bustle that the holiday season brings that makes me so blissfully happy. My happiness really comes from within, and it's something that I have that no one can take away from me.

This year has been really remarkable. I discovered and learned so many new things. We started our very first business venture, which is our perfumery brand, and of course, next year, we will be starting our tutorial center. Never did I dream or wish about venturing into business. It was something that I did not like before nor had any interest with. I thought I'll just be a teacher forever, and will be "institutionalized" just like the rest, and will live the rest of my life in the service of the 'institution'.

At first, I was happy. But as the months passed by, I began to feel restless. I started asking questions: Is this really the kind of life I wanted to have? Am I really going to do these things until I become old?" Those questions really bugged me. I kept on reassuring myself that "Yes, it is." But there was this inner voice that kept on telling me "No, it isn't?" When I try to focus and listen and ask, "Then what is it?", I don't get any answer. But I think God or fate has something for me, and it was like, it was guiding me towards something bigger, more interesting and more exciting.

My interest in business and entrepreneurship was not something that happened in a blink of an eye or in a day. It slowly developed. It gradually evolved. I discovered that in business, everything is a risk. Not everything happens 100% in a way you like it. You will not always be in control. It's like sky-diving. You are fully equipped but you do not know 100% exactly what's going to happen. You just jump and then open your parachute mid-way. Entrepreneurship is like that. You start, you jump. And in mid-air that's when you learn.

Entrepreneurship also gave me a peek of the kind of freedom I wanted in life. When you are employed, you have no freedom. Your exchange your time for money. In business, it is like that as well, but not always. Once the business turn into "auto-pilot mode", then you have more time, thus more freedom to do things that you want to do. You have the freedom to pursue this particular hobby without worrying on being absent from your company. I wanted to work hard for my business because I wanted to earn my freedom from a 7-4 job. I don't want to be 'institutionalize': meaning that there is no life other than being employed. I want to utilize my skills, my knowledge and anything and everything I have for my own sake and apply it to something I want to do or I want to create. I'm basically tired of having my skills and knowledge used by others for their own credit or promotion. Not mine.

And so I began to realize that when I work hard for my own company, I become happier and more fulfilled. That is because I get to apply things that I think will work. And when I am my own boss, I feel no constrain and  restrain and when you see something that proves to be successful, you are the first to benefit. Because you literally see the result of your hard work. I guess I am a bird that is not meant to be caged after all. I function better and more effectively when I have more freedom. And that is what I am pursuing and working harder for nowadays.

Image result for bird outside the cage

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What every challenge is trying to teach me

Sensual Zodiac: The Cancer Woman