"If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we should find in each man’s life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility.” -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
They are the most striking architectural features I have ever seen. Their ethereal beauty is enough to steal one’s weary soul away. Their towering magnificence in the backdrop of a cloudless blue sky is treasure in one’s eyes. They look even more enchanting in the first crack of dawn – when the first rays of the sun cast on the golden domes. Or during wintertime, when they are snow-covered - it creates a wonderful contrast of gold and silver. They evoke a feeling of strange calmness and otherworldliness that seems to lighten one’s senses. Perhaps it is because of their colouring or the way they were exceptionally designed or maybe because they are associated with the divine. But there is more. They are monuments - reminders of a bygone age that the people nowadays feel very nostalgic about. They are also the symbol of their faith and that of their forebearers. Their religion suffered so much throughout the ages, but it still remains true, unchanged and forever mystical. Through these ...
I took the Licensure Exam for Teachers (LET) yesterday at La Consolacion College in Manila. Despite waking up early at 4:30 am, I didn't have any trouble getting out of bed. (And I love the hotel's bed. :)) I slept at 11:30 pm that previous night. Good thing that my mind and my body seemed to very well-conditioned for the exam. I ate a hearty breakfast of mushroom omelette and rice, and drank a cup of chocolate drink. I felt really full. Left the hotel at exactly 5:30. It was a rainy morning. My shoes got wet inside while I was trying to get to the school where I would be taking the exam. I arrived there at 6am. Waited at the queue and finally got inside. Went straight to my assigned room - room 217 - and asked for my seat number - 20. Interestingly, I didn't feel anxious or nervous about the whole thing. Perhaps because I've been through the process when I took up the Nursing Licensure Exam way back in 2007. And I've already took so many exams in the past (IEL...
Comments