A New Interest - Growing Plants

Recently, I've taken an interest in growing plants. This new interest gave me so much amusement, especially that nowadays I have so much free-time. A few days ago, I decided to grow some aloe veras in our backyard. I've been suffering from oily scalp since I was in college, and I know that aloe vera can help me in keeping my scalp and hair healthy. And so I planted two sets of aloe vera in pots. During this time, I also noticed the spindly growth of our Chinese bamboo. Although it has become abundant in foliage since we transferred it from our front yard to the back yard, I didn't like the way it looked, and so I put it back to its original place in the front yard with the other Chinese bamboo. The palmera is also showing signs of spindly growth so I decided to trim some leaves and change its location so it would get enough sunlight. 

Yesterday, while preparing some scallion leaves for soup, I noticed that this vegetable, that has been in the refrigerator for quite sometime already, has retained its roots. Taking a fancy at the idea of having our very own scallion, I decided not to throw the root after cutting the leaves. I will plant the scallion roots and try to grow them. And so I sow the scallions in a pot covered with soil from our backyard and see what will happen in the next few days. Surprisingly, only this morning, I noticed that there is already a sign of budding from the cut scallion. I was so surprised and happy at the same time, because I was not expecting that there would be changes in just one day.

And this morning also, I noticed that our "baby" sugar apple tree is starting to grow at a fast pace. Since the past three days, I always water it every morning. The plant is clearly benefiting to this because it's grown to some considerable centimeters. Unlike before, when it hadn't received enough water, there seems to be no signs of growth at all.

I will continue to monitor on the progress of these little darlings. Somehow, for me, there is a sense of fulfillment in being able to give life to something. These plants are still small and fragile, but with constant care and attention, they would come a time when they would grow into something beautiful and beneficial to us and to the environment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What every challenge is trying to teach me

A Bird that Cannot Be Caged

Sensual Zodiac: The Cancer Woman