Wedding Gowns

It's quite a boring day. Nothing much to do. Woke up around 8:30am by a call from Baby. Spent the whole morning surfing the internet - for wedding dresses! Haha! Yeah, wedding dresses. But I'm not getting married and I will not anytime soon. It's just that I am very fascinated with them and decided to take a look at designs that would catch my fancy. Every girl dreams of the day when they will be wearing one! Anyway, I stumble across this rather wonderful and interesting quotation about wedding gowns: "Real princesses always wear sleeves so why do we all go for strapless?" And I couldn't agree more. Strapless, backless or with low cut neckline wedding gowns are sexy, modern and very flattering but honestly, I think  nowadays we are loosing more that mysterious and ethereal look of the bride. We tend to reveal more and hide less.
Personally, I prefer a wedding dress that has a touch of vintage, one that has sleeves or a boat neckline.

These styles are really good. I like them!
   



*****

But since I'm a history buff, I also want a gown similar to the ones worn by queens, empresses and princesses. Like an 18th century or a Victorian style gown. ^_^

                


Left to Right: Empress Elizabeth of Austria, Queen Alexandra of Britain and Queen Victoria of Britain

      

*****

In my opinion, the Russian Court Dress - worn by Russian empresses, grand duchesses, and their ladies-in-waiting - is magnificent beyond words. It's very unique and highly picturesque. No wonder those women who wear these dresses stood out in foreign courts.

   

   


And here are the portraits of two Russian empresses and a Russian grand duchess wearing the court dress: Empress Maria Feodorovna, Empress Alexandra Feodorovna and Grand Duchess Elizabeth Feodorovna. 

      

***

Oh what a wishful thinking! I hope I will get to wear any of these styles for my wedding someday. ^_~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What every challenge is trying to teach me

A Bird that Cannot Be Caged

Sensual Zodiac: The Cancer Woman