Something to be Thankful

This is the second poem I've written in July 2005. I was inspired to write this poem after spending one cool December day with a special someone. Unfortunately, that person and I slowly drifted from each other, and nothing came up from that friendship. But it's ok, because now I'm happy.

It was a dream of faraway that I was loved
But I hope to wake up to find it true
On a daylight when the trees sleep in coldness
It was a fateful encounter of two different spirits.

Feeling overwhelmed by conflicting emotions
So many things that others cannot understand
It is tough to accept everything that I see
But I will go on searching for the truth.

The future will not arrive
If I stay like this, I will never see it
This small shell of mine, I have to get out
And wander for sometime in the desolate world.

Things that cannot be change
And feelings I cannot explain
They will go on deciding the path
And in the end of it, love is glowing!

I will endure the feeling of being alone
Trying to be the one that I should be
No matter what I face in a future of uncertainty
There is always hope because you are here.

Even I pass the valley of shadows
And the ghosts of yesterday will appear once more
I will never be afraid, never I will doubt
Because I believe in you even in the darkest nights.

Every night before I go to sleep
And every morning when the golden rays of the sun touched my face
I will fall on my knees to thank our Creator
For the wonderful love that I finally found.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What every challenge is trying to teach me

A Bird that Cannot Be Caged

Sensual Zodiac: The Cancer Woman