Night

 Another poem, dated 2005. It was originally posted in my now-obsolete blog, and I got it reposted here.

***
(Ok… I am depressed for a couple of days now. I keep on thinking about one of the most special things I had with me for years and how I lost it together with all its precious content. It is as if I also lost all the beautiful memories I have for a very long time. I still can’t believe it. *sobs*)
***

One night, it became sad unbearably
In this deep melancholy I recalled the distant past
The memory of what was gone forever
When everything just fell in full oblivion

I recalled the dream of a childhood
Thought about all the tears that are shed
All the lies that are told in the world
Where pointless suffering seems to have no end

Blood just spilled and flooded the ground
Hate and fear enslave the heart
All the beauty seems to fade away
Happiness replaced by grief and misery

Trust is shattered by doubt
Everyone is blinded from the truth
Self-sacrifice is a beautiful illusion
And love is just an elusive dream

But then again I recalled a dream of a childhood
Hope to ease the sufferings of humanity
Everyone’s dreams are fulfilled
And the evils of the world are finally destroyed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What every challenge is trying to teach me

A Bird that Cannot Be Caged

Sensual Zodiac: The Cancer Woman