Our Differences

I wrote this poem in August 2005 about a person who I became attached to but because of our differences, we drifted from each other and now he is only a part of my past. I reposted this poem here because I remembered receiving good comments about this poem. Of course I'm proud of being able to write a poem that other people can relate to.

When the sun and the moon fell in love
A nuptial knot between them is unthinkable
There is no way they could ever be in the same sky
Because time just won’t allow them to be.

Just like the fire burning tremendously
Only the water could dissipate it
But water can be vaporize by fire
And so only one of them has to exist.

Blunt words are sharp like knives
And they could shatter a fragile heart
An enthusiastic traveler cannot be tied down domestically
And timidity has no place to a sociable world.

You are a risk-taker and I am cautious as I can be
You crave for new things and I can’t let go of the old ones
Love will never be enough to bridge our differences
And so is fate that once brought us together.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What every challenge is trying to teach me

A Bird that Cannot Be Caged

Sensual Zodiac: The Cancer Woman